I think I've lost $2250 to organisers of a scam utilising the website kremfxtrade.com
I am building a page to document what happened, which in brief is:
- Approach by known and friendly fellow patron at local cafe.
- He shared very enthusiastically his good fortune in trading "options"
- He introduced me to Laura, who is his account manager, and described
the process of buying bitcoin, sending to Laura who then creates the
investment which I can track on the website
- I was suspicious, but patron seemed like a local of normal
intelligence and who I felt I could trust
- Thinking this may be a scam I nevertheless was attracted by the 30%
interest offered (I assumed per annum)
- patron created an account for me on kremfxtrade but when I couldn't
change my password I asked to create my own account
- I created accounts on Hardblock (an Australian Bitcoin exchange) and
kremfxtrade and started to buy Bitcoin on Hardblock
- . . .
- Bitcoin transferred to Laura's wallet valued AUD$2250 became US$1650
which Laura advised was placed in my account and trading commenced
- Daily value of the investment as displayed on the website increased
quickly and I requested a US$5000 withdrawal. Laura said the money
was invested for a month and couldn't be withdrawn early; she asked me
to cancel the request.
- At 3 weeks into the scheme I asked for instructions on how to withdraw
my money. The numbers on the website were approaching $100,000
- Laura said I must withdraw minimum 85% and pay a fee (International
Broker) of 8% which must be paid for before the funds would be released.
- I asked whether the fee could be paid out of the profits, as in other
investments and she refused
- I offered patron the option to pay my fee and when I received my
payout I would pay him double, suggesting that it would be easy money
for him since he had told me that he has been working with Laura for 3
years and has already made $7,000, and was awaiting payment of a larger
- I'm awaiting further news, but the numbers on my account on the
website have stopped increasing.
Current situation: awaiting further news/instruction from patron
and Laura. I still can't believe patron is smart enough to con me
like I feel he might have, so I'll not identify him yet. I have
screenshots from the 2 facebook accounts I found in his name with his
photos and friend lists. I wouldn't have judged him to be a thief
and a liar, but we'll see.
Please see screenshots
and transcripts for more detail.
13:46 UTC 16APR2020